SNOW UPDATE: WE ARE STILL ON FOR TONIGHT! But we had to move locations. Just a few doors down at 4201 Georgia Ave.
Again Happy New Year Everyone – and the Planet! Let’s get started on a year taking care of our home.
Green Neighbors DC has lots of events and actions planned for the spring of 2019 – and that’s just the spring. Come join in our planning meetings every third Monday, starting January 14th, 6:30 pm, in the Petworth Citizen’s Reading Room, 829 Upshur Street, NW. We can use folks’ help.
Also – heads up, February 25th, we’re going to have Master Naturalist Stella Tarney speak about nature in DC, some groups keeping watch on the native species, and citizen science activities. Definitely open to the public. It’ll be at the Petworth Library, 6:30 – 7:30 pm, with another 30 minutes then of the GNDC meeting from 7:30 – 8:00 pm. Or vice versa. Tbd.
We’ll be planning for that talk this coming meeting on January 14th. Other agenda items:
- Talking to area grocery stores, especially Safeway, about accepting plastic bags for recycling.
- Writing to Washington Post to request less plastic!
- Planning for a DC Green Drinks Happy Hour – GNDC brainstorming session.
- Planning for our Polar Bear Plunge – January 26th! https://www.keepwintercold.org/team/GreenNeighborsDC. The money we raise goes to the Chesapeake Climate Action Network, and then after $1000, we keep the rest. We have three members so far signed up, but more are expected Monday, during the meeting.
Let us know in advance if you want to participate in the Polar Bear Plunge!
Catherine can add you in! firstname.lastname@example.org. Then you have a website to have friends, co-workers, random folks you meet on the street, go to to donate.
- Review of other ideas (nature walk, tree id., DOT speaker, Sherman Circle Social), and then we’ll also open the floor to new ideas and scheduling.