Hey all. Happy New Year! Green Neighbors DC has lots of events and actions planned for the spring of 2019 – and that’s just the spring. Come join in our planning meetings every third Monday, starting January 14th, 6:30 pm, in the Petworth Citizen’s Reading Room, 829 Upshur Street, NW.
Also – heads up, in February, we’re going to have Master Naturalist Stella Tarney hold a public meeting about nature in DC, some groups keeping watch on the native species, and citizen science activities.
We’ll be planning for that talk this coming meeting on January 14th. Other agenda items:
- Talking to area grocery stores, especially Safeway, about accepting plastic bags for recycling.
- Writing to Washington Post to request less plastic!
- Planning for our Polar Bear Plunge – January 26th! https://www.keepwintercold.org/. The money we raise goes to the Chesapeake Climate Action Network, and then after $1000, we keep the rest. Catherine is putting together the GNDC fund-raising group within that site.
Let us know in advance if you want to participate in the Polar Bear Plunge!
Catherine can add you in! email@example.com. Then you have a website to have friends, co-workers, random folks you meet on the street, go to to donate.
- Planning for a DC Green Drinks Happy Hour – GNDC brainstorming session.
- Review of other ideas (nature walk, tree id., Sherman Circle social)
- Open floor to new ideas and scheduling.
So hope to see you there! Helps us create a beautiful, friendly, breathable city.