Green Neighbors DC (GNDC) Monthly Meeting! Nov. 12th, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, at the Reading Room in Petworth Citizen, 829 Upshur Street, Washington DC. Come join us in brainstorming about a number of events for the fall/spring, and share what you’d like to see in terms of helping you and our neighborhoods go green. Some of the winter events/efforts we are already planning include:
- Bringing in a Master Naturalist to speak about plants and wildlife in DC
- Building a Parents/Kids Resources page on the website
- Building a green roof, rain barrel, rain garden info page on the website
- Hosting a brainstorming Happy Hour on GNDC activities.
- Others? – ideas welcome
- Oh, and let’s not forget the Polar Bear Plunge in January!
While spring activities will include:
- Hosting the Grant Circle Social in April
- Hosting at least one family-friendly nature tour and/or a tree-identification walk in Petworth
- Having a “green info” booth at the Farmer’s Markets in Petworth (and perhaps Columbia Heights)
- Bringing in a speaker on Transportation or Energy
See you on Monday!